Mobilizing Believers in Ghana & Benin
To mobilize believers in Ghana and Benin to be involved in the work of cross-cultural missions in an international team effort. The goal is to raise up believers who will be trained and sent out as missionaries to “unreached peoples” (people who do not have a vital Christian witness who can minister to them the gospel in their own culture and language).
- Share and participate in a conference of leaders of churches, local missions agencies and ministry teams who will form networks that will reach out to youth and children between the ages of 4 and 14.
- Pray for, encourage and consult with church leaders and believers to plan prayer and outreach strategies to reach unreached peoples with the gospel.
- Encourage, and further develop and empower the Ambassadors Fellowship Benin team working within Benin to further God’s kingdom among the university students, the villages and among the churches.
- Connect pastors in Benin with the Ghanaian ministry teams to form a network that will assist them in reaching Benin, a nation with much less born again Christians, with the gospel.
- Expose a new US ministry member to the work in Ghana and Benin for the purpose of recruiting a prayer force for West Africa.
- Wisdom and direction while ministering to leaders of churches and missions organizations within Ghana and Benin.
- Humility to stay before the Lord’s feet.
- Favor of God and man to accomplish this task.
- Supernatural strength and protection physically, emotionally and spiritually. Pray for our body, mind, emotions and spirit to be able to take the wear and tear of this ministry. Pray that we have a lot of time to be with the Lord.
- Spiritual gifts to operate through us freely to accomplish this work.
- Pray in the Spirit, and pray anything the Lord reveals to you.
Thanks very much for your prayers and faithfulness to the Lord.
Reach, Teach, Empower & Send
Opened Doors for Reaching, Teach, Empowering and Sending Leaders
When we look at the Great Commission according to Scripture, we see that Jesus called us to make disciples of nations. “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations…” Matthew 28:19a (NKJV). In other words, we are to make disciples to influence their families and impact communities. These communities will evangelize and impact other communities until a nation is transformed to serve the true and living God. We are to reach, teach, empower, and send out into the nations. This is the work of advancing His kingdom. It will bring Christ’s rule and reign on earth. “Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” Matthew 6:10 (NKJV).
VHIM supports affiliate partners, cross-cultural ministry partners and local leaders within the nations of West Africa to make disciples of key nations such as Benin, Ghana, Togo, Nigeria, and Kenya. Some ethnic groups within these region have been evangelized and there are strong believers within their churches. These are the “reached”. Other areas have no churches and there is no Christian witness among them. These are the “unreached”. We have assisted in mobilizing laborers within the “reached” areas who will evangelize and disciple those in the “unreached” regions, that is, those who have never heard the gospel.
We assist and support setting up discipleship training sessions in various regions among reached areas. Our vision is to raise up a labor force for the harvest that will be able to penetrate the northern parts of West Africa with the gospel. The remedy the Lord of the harvest gave us is to pray. We need your prayers. We also need your financial and physical partnership. Please join us in prayer and support of this vision for the kingdom of God. We would also like to sponsor other development incentives that will assist in empowering local believers.
These special ministries are:
- Christian Business Seminars (local business owners)
- Outreach to Student Ministries (spiritual and educational development)
- Outreach to Women (literacy programs, agricultural business development, micro projects, etc.)
In His Service, VHIM International Team Prayer Requests: We need individuals and groups to pray for the harvest. The Lord is raising up people from Africa and other developing nations, and sending them into areas where the gospel is not known. We would like to join in what the Lord is doing. Will you pray for this work? Here are some specific prayer requests. Pray for:
- Wisdom for continuing the discipling of key individuals who have received the call of God.
- The young university students in Benin will come to know Jesus. There are small discipleship groups reaching out to them. Pray that the Lord will empower these groups. Pray that the Lord will give them ministry and prayer strategies for the university campus.
- Ask the Lord to continue to raise up women in the villages of Benin, Ghana and Togo to reach other women with the gospel. These women need encouragement and continued development. They also need to develop small business projects to support their ministry and families.
- Pray for the leaders in the nations of West Africa. Pray that the Lord will strategically place godly men and women in key positions to execute righteousness in their nations.
- Pray for the International Team of VHIM. Ask the Lord to show us His heart and continue to open doors for us to join His program. Pray for blessings upon our lives.
Thank you for your prayers.
VHIM International Team